Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Cheddar Bacon Pasta

Cheese makes everything better!! In my family, that's just a fact. And I'll admit I'm not the healthiest
eater. Pasta, cheese and bacon are three of my to five favorite foods.  Yummy, easy and cheesy-you can't go wrong!


Ingredients

1 pound pasta-cooked. I prefer rotini, but you could use any type
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 tbsp. butter or margarine
3 tbsp. flour
2 c milk
2 1/2 c shredded Cheddar or Colby jack cheese
1 pound bacon-cooked and chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper


In a large saucepan, melt better over med heat. Add flour and whisk. Cook for 1 min. Slowly add milk while whisking. Continue to stir till it begins to thicken. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper. Now add 2 cups of shredded cheese and stir till all the cheese is melted and incorporated. Stir cooked, chopped and drained bacon into cheese sauce. In a separate large pan, cook rotini according to package directions. Drain, combine with cheese mixture till the pasta is completely covered. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Pour cheesy pasta into dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 15 mins. Allow 5-10 mins  before serving. 

Hope you enjoy this easy, quick recipe! Follow my blog and keep an eye out for more recipes and articles. Please leave comments and I'd love it if you followed me on social media. Have a great day and be kind to yourselves and others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Lava Lamp

Cabin fever?  Yes, this is a constant problem in our house right now.  I do my best to keep them busy and occupied, but sometimes we just ne...