Sunday, February 18, 2018

Why I REALLY Decided To Start A Mom Blog!!


OK, lets get down to the nitty-gritty. I love that saying, don't you? Anyway, lets talk about why I started my mom blog.
Well there are a few reasons actually. First, I guess you could say that in my "dream life" I would've been a writer! I've always loved reading and I thought being an author and being able to express myself in words would be so satisfying. I've written in journals since I was a kid and tried my hand at poems and short stories when I was in my teens, but trust me, they weren't good! I've been an avid blog reader for years and I respected bloggers for their inventive ideas and I felt connected to them somehow. I had considered starting a blog once I started staying at home with my kids, but I just didn't have the guts. I thought "I'm not a writer" and "who would want to read it, besides my mom". Why do we do that to ourselves? We spend more time convincing ourselves that its a stupid idea than we do convincing ourselves that we are capable, and should just take a leap!
So that winds its way to my second reason for starting my blog(s).  I'll give you the shortened version though. About 8 months ago, my husband decided to leave. So I will definitely not be sharing any marriage or relationship tips, for your sake. But I was a SAHM with no job, no money saved up, no career to go back to, no college degree and after a few months I didn't even have a vehicle. I needed a car to get a job and a job to get a car. My ex and I have actually been sharing a car, but he needs it to go back and forth to work. I was in full panic mode obviously! But I don't want to sound like I'm "ex-bashing", so let me specify. I received my house as an inheritance and he had no desire for the house, so obviously the kids and I would still have a house. But he has sacrificed to make sure that the bills were paid and I had money for necessities even after he moved out. So I've been much luckier than most women in my situation. But the fact is, as he moves on with his life, he can't keep paying my bills. But more importantly, I don't want him to. I want, more than anything, to support my kids and I, on my own. So I tried making money online. But with no special qualifications and most companies wanting prior experience before hiring you, my big plans never worked out. So my desire to blog came back to the forefront of my crazy, over-thinking mind!  I have no problem with hard work and I'm more than willing to put the time and effort into it, but I'll be honest-I like staying at home with my kids. I've battled anxiety and insomnia most of my life, which tends to interfere with school and work schedules. But most importantly, I love being here to see each new thing they learn and not missing a moment! Plus I homeschool my daughter, and hopefully one day my son. And that's something else I love and want to continue to do.
Whew...that wasn't really a shortened version huh? So that takes me to my final reason. We live in a small town that doesn't have any homeschooling groups. And lets be honest, it can get lonely and tiresome being a stay at home mom sometimes. So I actually started my homeschooling blog first. I wanted to build relationships with other homeschool moms for new ideas, support and friendships. But as I am slowly learning the ends and outs of blogging, I decided to try out a different platform and thought I'd just start a new blog too. Why only try to connect with my fellow homeschoolers? I wanted to connect with all moms! And along the way-maybe I could learn new tips and tricks, new recipes, new game ideas and feel the support and comradery of fellow moms. If I work hard and continue learning each day, maybe I could even make a living doing something that I love! A way to express the thoughts running through my overactive mind, fulfilling my dream of writing-in a very small way, meeting new people, making new friends, being able to stay at home with my precious kiddos and possibly make a living at the same time? That truly would be a dream come true for me and a big personal triumph!!
So please e-mail me, message me, follow me, or all of the above. I'm anxious to meet lots of awesome women and learn new things each and every day. I'd love to hear your stories!!
So have a great day and be kind to yourselves and each other!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

DIY Lava Lamp

Cabin fever?  Yes, this is a constant problem in our house right now.  I do my best to keep them busy and occupied, but sometimes we just ne...